***This position is based in Tokyo, Japan, and requires native level of Japanese language skill and working experience in Japan***
The position will manage and direct the activities of the Japan Service and Repair Center to ensure that customer relationships are maintained and customer expectations are consistently exceeded for the products serviced by the service center and/or the Field Service Technicians. The Manager, Service & Repair will work with the marketing, sales managers, clinical educators and customer service representatives to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
Under direct supervision of Sr. Director of Marketing, Neurosurgery or designee.
Employees assigned to the Manager, Service & Support including Service Supervisor, Field Service Technicians, Bench Service Technicians, Technical Service Administrators and Materials Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide leadership for all Service & Repair responsibilities of the Japan service center. This includes providing clear direction to staff and interacting with Integra management.
- Ensure satisfactory level of productivity as determined in the Goals & Objectives.
- All repair work to be invoiced at the completion of the repair (including internal invoicing of warranty and company owned product). This includes the proper invoicing through each of the company's country specific invoicing systems.
- Maintain an accurate system of Repair Work Orders, Service & Repair Loaners, and Clinical Evaluation stock.
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction (both to internal customers and external customers) by responding and having team respond to all requests within 2 hours of original request with acknowledgement of the request; and then fulfillment of the request within a reasonable time allowed by the extent of the request.
- Manage the business to exceed the annual revenue, profit and expense targets as defined by management. Participate in the process of setting targets with supervisor.
- Aide in the determination of budgets, allocate resources and develop policies and procedures for the service organization to meet company goals.
- Manage all aspects of the repair parts inventory including planning, forecasting, ordering, pricing, selling, invoicing, and shipping. Maintain proper and accurate inventory system of repair parts for sale and internal consumption including maintaining of accurate inventory at all times.
- Manage (and delegate) the use of all relevant financial and stock systems leading to an accurate inventory of all repair parts and capital equipment.
- Utilize the proper Financial Systems, Work Order and ERP Systems as designated by the company. Possess functional knowledge and ensure all systems are being operated correctly with appropriate staff well trained to support running of business including Oracle.
- Responsible for adhering to all company Quality Assurance, Quality System & Safety and Health directives including all regulatory policies and procedures.
- Work with Quality Assurance Manager to implement and utilize Quality Systems as designated by the company.
- Responsible to ensure the staff follows at all times the Quality System and are prepared for and meet or exceed all requirements.
- Become familiar with and train staff on appropriate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare for and satisfy all requirements of internal and external audits.
- Advises and assists quality, engineering and product marketing groups as needed to effect design changes to improve equipment efficiency, quality, reliability, and/or reduce cost of manufacturing, maintenance, or operation.
- Ensures that information received from customers is provided to Integra's internal departments for continuous quality improvement of products and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring proper fault tracking is documented on all products repaired.
- Ensure timely and appropriate customer communication for repairs.
- Interfaces with Sales Management and establishes strong relationship with Sales and Marketing Management.
- Establishes strong partnerships with all Integra departments to ensure smooth execution on all client deliverables.
- Follows Sales/TSR communication protocol established and revise with management as necessary if not effective implement and train on workflows.
- Prepares and distributes Repair Work Order and Service & Repair Loaner recap report to sales management (and supervisor) once per week.
- Communicates with customers, subordinates, colleagues and management as determined by supervisor to ensure delivery of customer satisfaction.
- Leads Japan service & repair team through hiring initiatives, development and motivation of staff. In addition, accomplishes results through lower level and experienced exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Ensures that staffing and training levels meet company objectives.
- Ensures the customer technical questions and complaints are resolved accurately and promptly. Will involve other departments in resolution as appropriate.
- When requested, the manager will assist with the periodic review of Global SOP’s for Service & Repair to ensure procedures are always up-to-date and improvements are investigated.
- Designs, prepares and conducts training programs for Integra employees, including direct staff as needed.
- Assists with the creation of Service & Repair instructions, documentation and training as it relates to new Product Development. They are also responsible to ensure the OEM’s Quality Plan for service and repair are maintained and followed by their staff.
- Prepares monthly reports to update supervisor on productivity, open work orders and revenue, including a recap of open issues that affect the business.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.