About Integra Lifesciences - Changing Lives. Building Careers
As a world leader in medical technology, we are recognized by our customers as an innovative company for neurosurgery, regenerative wound care, reconstructive and general surgery and orthopedic extremity surgery. Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey, Integra LifeSciences has over 4,500 employees worldwide and is listed at the 2018 Fortune 100 fastest-growing companies.
About the OTT Division
Integra offers a broad range of products/solutions to help orthopedic surgeons treat pathologies of the upper and lower extremities. Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow surgery.
Your typical day in a nutshell
The Sales Specialist will be a responsible for Integra’s OTT Orthopedics product line and solely responsible for sales of these products within a defined territory. Primary responsibility will be to achieve or exceed defined territory sales revenue targets through strategic planning, relationship building, new account targeting, extensive product knowledge and exceptional customer service. The Sales Specialists will call on multiple call points / specializations with 90% of time spent in the Operating Room. She/He will work across Integra functional areas to ensure customer satisfaction and will work with their team to ensure that regional/corporate financial goals are met.
- Gives guidelines in use of products to surgeons during implantation
- Educates and informs doctors, nurses, and appropriate staff personnel
- Establishes a partnership with medical providers by offering solutions
- Analyses sales figures and strategic planning
- Studies to maintain a high level in product and pathology knowledge
- Attends trade shows, conventions, and/or clinical meetings
- Keeps sales manager informed of territory progress on a regular basis
Work Location: Nort-East of the Netherlands (Groningen-Nijmegen)
Field Activity: 80-85 %
Reporting Line: National Sales Manager Benelux
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Dutch native, fluent in English (understanding and writing)
- Operating room experience – preferably orthopedics
- Affinity for sales
- Outgoing and ease to build relationships
- Valid driver’s license
Nice to Haves
- 2-5 years experience in sales in medical device business
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize
- Proven workshop/demonstration skills/training skills
- Good working knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Good Microsoft PowerPoint, Excell and Word skills
Bachelor’s degree business or science related and/or certified scrub nurse (preferably orthopedics)